Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Soba Noodles w/ Veggies & Mustard Soy Dressing

Ugh, and I have to cook dinner?! is exactly what went through my mind last night. I spent all afternoon in class, then in lab, then had to go grocery shopping and make dinner. I really just wanted to crawl in bed and call it a day. 

I was trying to think of what was in my cupboards and what was cheap to make. 

I found this jewel on Pinterest. 
Pinterest - solving what's for dinner since 2011. Or 2010? Whatever year...it's saved me again. 
 
I had unopened soba noodles in the cupboard. I went on an oriental food kick awhile ago and never got around to opening them. I do this with food quite often. In some cases it ends horribly...moldy, smelly and turns into some liquid which would leave you wondering what it was in the first place. Oops. 

Luckily that wasn't the case this time. It also led to a pretty good dinner and so fast to make! I'm a happy camper. However, it was a tad salty for my liking, but my hubby loved it. Sadly, he needed more then this little bit. It's enough to feed 2 people, but he usually eats twice as much as the normal person. 








 Soba Noodles with Veggies & Mustard-Soy Dressing (The Greatist)
 3-4oz soba noodles
1 red pepper
2 scallions
4 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce (I used Bragg's Liquid Amino Acids, it's healthier than soy sauce, but probably why it was a tad on the salty side)
1/2 tsp mustard
1tsp honey
dash of black pepper
red pepper flakes (optional) - I used them, be careful how much you add, but I recommend adding some

Cook soba noodles according to directions on package. Drain and rinse and place in the fridge to cool.
While soba noodles cool, gut the red pepper and cut into thin strips. Cut scallions, too.
In a bowl, whisk soy sauce, mustard, honey, black pepper and red pepper flakes.
Add noodles and scallions and pepper to the sauce and gently mix together.
Eat up!

Enjoy your Monday!




No comments:

Post a Comment